Licencing, Legal Advisory & Post Licencing Support (CIF, ASP, AIF)
- Cyprus Investment Firms (Forex and Binary Options)
- Administrative Services Providers
- Alternative Investment Funds
Licencing, Legal Advisory & Post Licencing Support of Cyprus Investment Firms (CIFs), Administrative Services Providers (ASPs) & Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) is another integral part of the diverse areas of our practice, since Cyprus became one of the fastest growing investment fund centers in Europe through its’ updated, focused and continued development on legislative and regulatory needs. For this reason, our legal team in cooperation with external independent associates, provides practical, technically-excellent advice that’s tailored to the needs and individual objectives of our clients – delivering valuable savings wherever possible. Furthermore, we offer a wealth of expertise in strategic planning across a broad spectrum of business sectors.
Our services include a ‘one-stop service’ package related to the registration and operation of Administrative Services Providers (Fiduciary Companies), Investment Firms (Forex and Binary Options) and Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) in Cyprus and other Jurisdictions.
We provide timely, creative, reliable and practical counsel regarding domestic and international support.
Experienced professionals of our Legal Team in cooperation with our external independent associates, assist our clients on the following:
- Consulting on investment services to be included in the application as well as on the design of the investment firm structure;
- Registration of specially drafted Memorandum of Association for a Cyprus Investment company;
- Completion of the Application Form and check-lists to be submitted to the regulator;
- Preparation and drafting of the required Internal Operations Manual according to CySEC and MiFID regulations;
- Assistance on the preparation and drafting of the Business Plan and the Financial Projections;
- Preparation of the Applicant’s Money Laundering Manual;
- Assistance in the preparation of the company shareholder, director and senior management Questionnaires;
- Follow-up during the process of assessment by the regulator;
- Assistance on recruitment of executive and non-executive directors, senior management and other members of the Company’s departments;
- Assistance on appointment of outsourced Compliance Officers, Accountant(s), Internal & External Auditors;
- External legal consultancy on an on-going basis;
- Arranging immigration & migration matters and working permits for foreign employees.
- Providing our clients with the analysis of the provisions and the implications of the UCITS and the new AIFs Law.
- Advising on the most suitable forms of AIFs for the reorganization of existing ICIS and the establishment of new AIFs.
- Submission of the application to CySEC and the ongoing monitoring of the status of the application.
- Drafting the necessary legal documents for the incorporation and the establishment of AIFs.
- Ongoing provision of administrative services including the appointment of nominee officers, office facilities, administration of affairs, accounting, audit, tax services etc.